The mission of this website is to portray modern Italian culture and society just as it is.
Given that in nowadays globalized world, traveling and collaborating with people from all over the world has become an ordinary practice. On the other hand, we are yet ever more aware of cultural differences which acquire ever increasing importance. Hence to deal with people you must understand their culture, their life style and national mentality, as well as recent social and mental trends. Whilst it is easy to gain general, or better, generalized, information about Italian culture and current events watching TV, from newspapers and on the Internet… Yet, this useful information is barely enough to understand Italian in-depth mentality and Italian people! Just as Beppe Severgnini said: “Your Italy and our Italia are not the same thing”.
Hence the mission of this blog is to help people from all over the world:
- First, to understand better Italian culture and Italian life style. In a much broader context than just sophisticated fashion, world heritage sites and Italian cuisine
- Second, to gain a profound insight into Italian mentality and “Italian world picture” as a whole
- Third, to know more about the Italian interpersonal relationships, fears and contradictory believes
- Fourth, to learn more about Italian attitudes
- Fith, to break through a barrier of incomprehension caused by cultural differences
- Sixth, to establish better communication with Italian people
- Seventh, to see and find similarities and differences, i.e. to compare modern Italian society and its trends to that of your own.
Enjoy Staying with In Ialy in Love!